JULIAN M. THOMAS, M. D.
Dr. Thomas has been performing Mohs surgery since completing his training at the University of Michigan in 1987. To date, he has performed more than 30,000 cases of Mohs surgery for non-melanoma skin cancers such as basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma. Dr. Thomas was an Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Department of Dermatology at UAB from 1987-1990 and has been in private practice since 1990.
Dr. Thomas graduated from the UAB School of Medicine in 1981 and completed residencies in Internal Medicine and Dermatology at UAB before his Mohs surgery fellowship at the University of Michigan. Dr. Thomas is board certified in Internal Medicine and Dermatology. He is recognized as a Fellow by the American Academy of Dermatology as well as the American College of Mohs Surgery.
|Medical School||University of Alabama School of Medicine||1977 – 1981|
|Resident in Internal Medicinie||UAB||7/81 – 12/83|
|Resident in Dermatology||UAB||1/84 – 6/86|
|Post – Graduate Mohs Fellowship||University of Michigan||7/86 – 6/87|
- Diplomate, American Board of Dermatology – 1986
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine – 1984
- American College of Mohs Surgery
- Alabama Dermatological Society (President, 1992-1993)
- American Academy of Dermatology
- Medical Association of the State of Alabama